The Nursery class teachers and assistant teachers along with Auli and Paul visited the Brussels European School IV (Laeken). After a short tour around the Primary building and the premises, they were divided into different Nursery groups to observe the teaching process. Each of the teachers visited two classrooms in different language sections. This gave them the opportunity to see different approaches to the Early Education Curriculum and reflect on the practices in TES.
- Parents Council has met on the 26th of January. The primary focus of discussions was on Secondary progress and different ways to improve it. More information is available in the minutes of the meeting published on E-kool. Parents may also request the minutes from your child’s class representative.
- Parents Council is looking to implement an annual activity fee starting from the next school year that would cover the costs of class field trips, entrance fees to school events and the expenses for TES parents membership in CAPEEA (Umbrella organisation for Parents of Accredited European Schools). Charity events would be funded separately on a voluntary basis.
- TES psychologist in cooperation with the Parents Council has given a pilot lecture on challenges of adolescence. The trial lecture was given to S2 parents, and it was a great success. Another lecture will take place on the 28th of March. All the Secondary parents will be invited. The lecture will help parents to understand how to support their teenagers through this challenging but exciting period of their lives.Topics that will be taught during the lecture:
- the specifics of the developmental period
- usual developmental changes during that time
- teenager`s needs, how to understand them
- how to be there for my teenager, how can parents support
The lecture will take place in TES on the 28th of March 2017 at 17:00-19:00 and will be free of charge.
Admissions for the 2017/18 academic year opens on Monday 20 February 2017. Online application forms accompanied by the required documents can be submitted through our website: www.est.edu.ee by latest 26 March 2017.
Admissions are mainly for Nursery and Primary 1- admissions to other classes depends on vacancies. We invite prospective parents to our OPEN DOORS DAY on March 9, 2017, at 15h30-17h30. It is an opportunity to visit the school and to find out firsthand how we can set free young dreams.
23 February is officially a shorter day due to the fact that following day is Estonian Independence Day. The day will be organised as follows:
- P1-P2 lessons according to timetable until 14:00
- P3-S6 lessons according to timetable until 14:10
- Nursery day will end at 14:00
Please note that aftercare is cancelled on that day.
Thank you for your understanding!
Join us on Wednesday, 25th January 2017
Registration: Registration is open until the 24th January 2017.
Please follow this link https://innovesa.sharepoint.com/TES/TC/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?docid=1657e70fd28dd4c97979d69caa06139ae&authkey=ARcTQqwOZGyCN0YdOzxNKaw&expiration=2017-01-27T06:38:37.000Z to sign up for an appointment with the teachers.
- NB! Please select up to three teachers per pupil.
- Kindly note that the timeslot allocated for each pupil is 15 minutes. We encourage you to book the earliest time possible.
- After-care and extra-curricular activities are provided following the regular schedule.
The aim of the Parent-Teacher Conference is to enhance communication between the parents and subject teachers regarding the academic progression of a pupil in a particular subject. After having received the School Report of the first semester parents might have concerns regarding their child’s academic progress in a specific subject that they wish to discuss with the subject teacher.
Please note that during the conference you can only meet with the subject teachers. The class teachers will meet the parents of all of their pupils for progress review discussions starting from late-January. These invitations will be sent individually through e-Kool by the class teacher. The aim of the progress review with class teacher is to discuss all the aspects of the performance of a pupil, including studies, behaviour, interests and overall attitude. The meeting will be an hour long and participation of the parents, pupil and class teacher is required.
Please note that P1 and P2 class teachers (Tristan Kliffen, Christos Patsias, Oliver Golding and Rachel Heath) are not included in the Parent-Teacher Conference as they are teaching most of the subjects and will soon have progress review meetings with all the parents in their class. However, we encourage the parents of P1 and P2 pupils to meet the teachers of Music, Art, PE and L2.
The meetings with Nursery teachers and parents will take place in a separate time.
Our teachers are looking forward to sharing your children’s progress with you.
Dear TES Families,
We have captured the artwork of our pupils in a beautiful Tallinn European School Art Calendar 2017. It is available at the front desk for a small donation ranging from 5 euro to infinity…
It is the wonderful time of the year, a time for giving, for sharing, for showing that we care. TES Student Council invites all the families to donate items for Family for Each Child NGO (MTÜ Igale Lapsele Pere) and help make Christmas memorable to those who are less fortunate.
- What to donate: clothes for children up to 18y, toys and sports equipment
- When: 12-16 December
- Where: School lobby, 1st floor
PS! Please check the lost and found boxes before next Friday, December 16th. All items left in lost and found boxes are donated to charity.
Counting on your support!
Due to tram line construction works Keevise street will be closed starting from 09.12.2016.
You can access school only via Suur-Sõjamäe street and the drop-off zone on Keevise street cannot be used. In addition to TES car park, we advise parents to park the car in front of the school gym (Suur-Sõjamäe 8a). Free parking is limited to 1 hour, therefore please remember to use the parking clock to indicate your time of arrival.
See detailed traffic plan here: Traffic_plan
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and we kindly ask you to reserve more commuting time if possible.
TES team is delighted to invite you to the informational meeting for parents on Tuesday, the 13th of December 2016 at 17:30-18:30. In the meeting we will give you an overview of the rough plan of the new school building in Tehnika 18.
Although December is a busy month we are hoping to see you in the meeting. Pupils of Student Council are welcome to participate as well. We kindly ask you to inform us about your participation.
Please note that Aftercare will end at 18.00 as usual.
The greatest gift of all is family. Add to that, the wonder of good friends, and the magic of Christmas never ends! To celebrate the spirit of Christmas and the fuzzy goodness that this season brings, we invite you to our annual Christmas Concert Celebration!
Please note that we will hold two separate events for our pupils and families:
Christmas Concert for Nursery – Primary 2
Date & time: Monday, December 12th at 3 pm
Place: Mainor Hall (Suur-Sõjamäe 10a)
Christmas play “Christmas Journey Through Europe” presented by Primary 3 – Secondary 6 pupils
Date & time: Tuesday, December 20th at 5 pm, gathering at 4h45 pm in the lobby. Please be on time!
Place: TES school building